Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Worry

SEE - The time passing by slowly.
SMELL -nothing
FEEL - stomach in knots. Worry. Fear.
TASTE -My mouth is dry.
HEAR -The tick-tocking of the clock. Every sound but the sound I want to hear the most.

I pace the floor, waiting, wondering when he will come home.If he'll come home. I try his cell yet again. Listening to the phone ring, ring, ring. Hearing the automated sound of his voicemail ties my stomach in knots.

Looking at the clock, I notice only a minute has gone by since my last glance. The numbers glare at me. I don't know how much longer I can stand this. It has been hours since I had last heard his voice. Sounding so carefree and perfectly fine.

But that was hours ago. Anything could have happened between then and now. Throwing my shoes on,  ready to look for him. Anything is better than this

But before my arms makes it through my jacket sleeves, I hear the familiar sound of his voice and I know he's home. My little boy is safe and sound. Home from school. Breathing a sigh of relief as he walks through the door.

"Hi, mom." He greets me unaware of how worried I was.


No comments:

Post a Comment