Search This Blog

Friday, February 8, 2013

Rekindled Love

So my son read his story The Story of Me: The Reaper's Son    
and asked me when I was writing the next story because he wants to know what happens. He asked me if I could have the next story done for his birthday.

So I have. I am on the 6th page of the story. Keep in mind that I am writing this by hand. I have certain things mapped out to where I want the character Erik to go but sometimes I get nothing and just put it out of my mind for a few days.


Meanwhile he has read his cousin Gabbie's story Magic , his cousins Derik and Dylan's story The Shadows and his sister summed up what her story The Unknown was about.

I am glad I started writing his story now because I know there is a lot of work to be done for something as simple as writing him a story. It has to keep him interested so it has to flow right.

To check my work I'll read it aloud. Sometimes to get my son hyped about the story, I will read snippets to him and see how he reacts to it.

He is my target audience for most of the stories I have written. In all honesty, he is my inspiration.

I stopped writing in 12th grade. I think mostly due to the fact that I had moved out and moved in with my boyfriend (my hubby now). I was no longer a kid. I was a responsible adult. I didn't have to be. That is until I got pregnant. That's when my priorities changed.

I think my son was five when I wrote him his first story. A Pirate's Treasure.   Soon after that I wrote him a Christmas Story The Best Christmas EVER and that's how I rekindled my love for writing stories.


2 comments:

  1. Do you still have those stories? Will you share them? If so, you should make sure you link the titles in this post to those posts. If you don't know how to do that, I can help. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have the stories. I would have to scan them for them.

    ReplyDelete