Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Excerpt from The UnReaper

I finally got over my writer's block for my son's story. So I wanted to show you what I wrote.Title is work in progress but as of now I am calling it The UnReaper. We'll see if it sticks. Tell me what you think

   I sneak out the door and into the thick  covering of the shady trees.With no place in mind, I wander through the still damp forest. Over the dead fallen trees and under the low hanging branches. My ears straining to hear the sound of dead leaves crunching, hoping that no one has followed me.


   Though all that I hear is the whispering of the wind as it blows by, scattering the leaves into the air, I pull my hood up making sure that no one could see me. As I do, the sights and sounds of the forest change.

No comments:

Post a Comment