Search This Blog

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Describing a Strawberry Daiquiri

So I have decided that besides writing my stories down I am going to describe random stuff. Touch,taste, smell, sight, and hearing. 
Why? 
Because when it comes time for me to describe something I am horribly bad at it. 
I live these things and I don't know how to put it into words. So I figure while I am tasting, touching, hearing, smelling or seeing something I'm going to write it down. That way if it's ever need for one of my stories I have record of it.

 Today I am going to describe a strawberry daiquiri. Why? Because my wonderful husband made me one today. 

SIGHT- A rich color of red. Much like a strawberry, hence the name. Tiny chunks of ice floating, cooling (touch and taste) the drink down. Bits of real strawberries can be seen in my glass.

SMELL- Sweet

TOUCH- The glass is cool to the touch from the ice chunks in the glass.

HEARING - The sound of the bubbles popping reminds me of the snap crackle pop of the Rice Crispy cereal minus the snap and crackle. (Bet you didn't know drinks had sound!)

now for the obvious 

TASTE - cold, wet,sweet and tangy.

Okay now let me try to write all that into a scene. 

The waitress came over to our table, placing a strawberry daiquiris in front of me and each of my sisters. 
"Will there be anything else?", the petite, curvy scantily clad waitress asked, before leaving for her next table.

My sister, Charlene, raised her tall liquid filled glass. "A toast," Two more glasses raised, waiting. "to Cassandra. For FINALLY getting her license!"

Three chilled glasses clinked. "To getting out of the house!" I cheered, before taking the first taste of freedom. It tasted sweet. And a little tangy.

"To girls night out!" My youngest sister, Candace, shouted. It was her first night out since the birth of her baby girl, Lily. My favorite niece. Of the moment. Well, she does poop herself! I know it's not her fault, she's just a baby. 

Mine were almost all grown up and while I missed having a baby to cuddle and coo at, I definitely didn't miss the late night feeding and the dirty diapers.

I watched as Charlene gulped down her daiquiri before chastising her. "Charlene! You're the designated driver!"

"So what! We'll just call your hubby. He'll pick us up.", she decided, waving the waitress back over. 

Sighing, I pull out my pink sparkly cell phone and punched in my husband's number. He answered on the first ring. 

"Miller's Morgue. You kill it, we grill it." Ugh. I hated when he answered the phone like that.

"Honey, can you pick us up later?" Before he could start in about Charlene being the designated driver, I told him she had already had too many and Candace didn't have her license yet. He didn't even try to tell me to drive. He wouldn't want me drinking and driving. Knowing there was no other option he agreed but I could tell he wasn't too happy about it. 


Okay that's where I am ending it. I don't think I did so great with description. Definitely not with all the descriptive things I could have said about the drink but then I don't think I really needed it.











2 comments:

  1. I like the scene. You did a good job with description. I think you had just enough description on the daiquiri.

    On a side note, did you actually get your license? If so, awesome and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No :( Still no license. But I WANT IT! LOL.

    ReplyDelete