Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2013

Creepy!

Ok so I want to share an experience with you. I am going to try to write it the best I can. Sometimes I have a hard time explaining things. But here I go...

I had just left my favorite local shop, and was on my way to have lunch with my husband. Not the romantic, candle-lit kind that one would expect on Valentine's Day but, any time I could spend with my husband was a good time.

So as I walk up the street I run into a man who starts smiling at me. Now I know smiles are supposed to be contagious but I was just trying to be polite and move on. I'm not sure it would have mattered if I hadn't acknowledged him. If I had said something I am sure the same scenario would have played out.

A smile that doesn't match his eyes as he says hello.Raised to be polite I say hello back and that's when the preaching began. I believe in God. But I don't believe in a lot of crap that people spew. God loves me and will forgive me. If I choose to ask for his forgiveness. I don't do bad things, ask for forgiveness and then go back to doing the same bad things. But people make mistakes. God knows that because he made us.

Or at least that's what I believe. More to the point no one is going to tell me what to believe. And this guy was trying to get me to tell him my "sins" right there in the middle of town. I was outraged ! Then he continues to list some sins to me. Probably to read me and see I reacted to any of them. One being having sex before being married.

I obviously had. Not that it was his business but I felt like every thing this guy said was a judgement against me. Not his place. Not his business. I was finally able to excuse myself by telling him I wasn't going to discuss this stuff in the middle of town. I was polite, I think. So he hands me a pamphlet and lets me go on my way.

What I forgot to mention is that he had a little boy with him. Not old enough to be in school yet. I would say it was his son but I can not in all certainty say that it was his son.In mind though, I believed the little boy was his son. While this man was preaching and trying to get me to confess my sins to him, the little boy was picking up snow and throwing it at cars.

Kids are kids. I understand. This guy told the boy to stop once and only once. Only because I turned my eyes from him to the boy. He had to see where my attention was and notice what the boy was doing.

My only thought about the boy was that he shouldn't be out with his father while he was trying to recruit people for his religion. He was uninterested in what his father was saying as I was.

The only things that really stayed with me about this man was the feeling of creepiness. It was in his eyes and in his smile. Creepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment