Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Worries & Doubts

  I am an author at heart. I love creating a scene you can just see without having to close your eyes. So I'm trying to do a rhyming short of story without it having to be light hearted or kiddish.

 Worries & Doubts
He sweetly whispered  in my ear
Words I wished I'd never hear.
"He doesn't love you.
He doesn't need you.
If I were him, I would leave you."

I tear fell upon my cheek
and quite suddenly, I was weak.
Who would speak my greatest fear?
Words spoken heartfelt and sincere.

In my heart, these words were true.
My insecurities bursting through.
He doesn't love me.
He doesn't need me.
One day he will wake and want to leave me.

 "Look at how he looks at you.
You can't believe those words are true?"

An incredulous voice wondered in my ear.
My doubts slowly beginning to disappear
The voice of reason filled my mind.
A voice, soft spoken, gentle and kind.

"Can't you see how he looks at you?
Can't you tell his feelings are true?"

I brought my gaze to my lover's eyes.
and in that moment,  I realized
all the truths
and the lies.
My insecurities,
a devil in disguise.

I seen his love shining through
and in that moment, I just knew.
This man was my destiny.




No comments:

Post a Comment