Search This Blog

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Suicide

The subject matter itself is very gut wrenching for me. Hurts just to see the word. I always try to tell people, that by ending it all, they are robbing themselves of a better life. You are robbing yourself of the opportunity to have a better life. You are only taking yourself out of the equation, without the right mindset to think of the effect your death will have on others.The people you love. The people who love you.

Suicide 
by C.L. Miller

The word itself,
causes me great anguish. 
You see,
I've been where you are.
Grasping for a way,
to end the misery.
To take away
the pain and suffering.
Selfishly thinking
of only myself
Not thinking about
anyone else.
Not caring
the devastation
I'd be leaving behind.

Thankfully
that didn't happen.
I lived.
I almost robbed myself
of a better life.
Nothing ever
would have gotten better
ending it that way.
In the wrong state of mind
I hadn't realized
No one is ever
truly alone.
We only feel that way.
And as we all know,
feelings change.

No comments:

Post a Comment