Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Blackout Poetry - Burning Desire

#GameOfThrones
This is my first blackout poem. I am in a poetry group on facebook No Direction Home ( artists always on the verge of becoming ) In this group I prompted everyone, who wanted to try blackout poetry, to do one from A Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire by George R R Martin page 74. I am super excited to see what the other members of the group have done. If they grant me their permission I will post their blackout poems here as well. This is the original page 74.
Here is my finished blackout poem.
Burning Desire

Blood of the dragon.
I am never afraid.
Dark, fragile, empty tears.
You wonder, perhaps one had known better.
Touched lightly.
Warmth, never expected from his eyes, lifted her.
A river of darkness, strangely unmoving.
His eyes averted hers
" No," he pulled her away.
The night air shivered.

My sister Candace has her's on her blog. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment