Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Tribute



I want to write a poem as a tribute to Memme Ruthie but my mind is blocking me. I can't even begin to tell you how I am coping. I cry on and off out of no where. I love Ruthie and she will never truly be gone but knowing that I'll never be able to hug her again is the worst feelings in the world.

I found this poem on the day of her wake and, it helps remind me when I read it.


 
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the star shine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.
- By Mary Elizabeth Frye
 
But then I went to her funeral and there was a collage of her life with this poem  I can't help but cry because of how rough she had it before she passed.

God saw you getting tired 
and a cure was not to be.
So He put his arms around you 
and whispered, 
"Come to me."

It breaks my heart every time I read it. I just want to remember the life of Ruthie. I want to remember her love and not feel like crying. When my mind starts working again I will write a beautiful tribute for Ruthie.

No comments:

Post a Comment