Search This Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Courtney The Dog Who Followed me Home


















A puppy once
followed me home
and it just
wouldn't leave me alone.

So I asked my mother
if I could keep and love her.

She said “We'll see”
and that made me happy.

Usually I got my way
Usually in the same day.

This time it took so long
but I knew I had to stay strong.

I named the dog Courtney
who jumped around in glee.

She loved her name
I called and she came.

I would feed her
and brush her

She would sit
when I said “Sit”

She barked when I said “Speak.”
By then it had been a week.

So I asked my mom again
She said to give her ten.

I thought she meant minutes

She hadn't said yes
but she didn’t say no

I was as happy as could be
Until Courtney took a pee.

She peed on the floor
and I ran out the door

I don't want her no more!”
to which my mom replied
Just clean the floor.”

It's been two weeks and a day
and my mom still didn’t say

I taught Courtney to stay.
I taught her to lay.

I taught her to pee outside
when she did I was filled with pride.

When I went to bed
she slept by me head.

I would cuddle with her
and I swear she would purr.

I loved her a bunch
I would sometimes even
give her my lunch.

My mom didn't know
Cause she would have said so.

I tried once again
this time she gave in.

I always get my way
Only this time
it took forever and a day.

3 comments:

  1. It looks good. :) Did Gabbie like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although, why is the dog brown in one picture? Is she dirty from being outside?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea the dog is dirty from being outside.

    ReplyDelete