Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Santa Frog (Dylan's Christmas Story)

















Out with my brother looking for reindeer
It was something we did year after year.
On our way Derik tripped over an egg
It was funny cause he hurt his leg.
The egg seemed to glow.
Why it did, I don't know.
Then there was a crack
and I gave the egg back.
“I don’t want it. It's broken.”
were the words I had spoken.
Then I heard a ribbit
That's when I did it
I split.
I was going to find that frog
but first I had to sneak by a hog.
I found the frog sitting on a log.
Oh my God!
I had found the Legendary Santa Frog.
He was so cold he was blue.
I knew just what to do.
I put him in my jacket pocket
and took off like a rocket.
“I wanna go home.” I said to my brother.
Running to my room to hide from my mother.
I wrapped the frog in my covers
and he slowly recovers.
His color was back to being green
Derik came in and I made a big scene.
Legend is, if you catch Santa Frog Christmas wishes will be yours
I had caught Santa Frog and the first thing I did,was wish away my chores.
That wish was fun
but I wasn't done.
I had always wanted to see a magical flying fairy
When I wished for one I hadn’t expected it to be so hairy.
A red and yellow dragon materialized.
The hairy flying fairy was crystallized.
The fairy had no chance at all
When he ate it like I would a meatball.
The dragon disappeared
and I thought “That was weird.”
I had always wanted to see a real gnome
so I wished for one to be in my home.
The dragon was fatter when he materialized
And my poor little gnome got crystallized.
That was the end of the gnome
and once again I was left alone.
I wished for a beautiful mermaid
the dragon came back and I was afraid.
I scream and my brother Derik came in
He saw the mermaid and started to grin.
Then he saw the dragon about to eat the mermaid.
Derik stepped in front of the dragon, unafraid.
“No, Spike ! No !” my brother Derik cried
The dragon sat down and rolled on its side
I wished to get rid of the dragon for good.
I just hoped my older brother understood.
I wanted a dragon so it could take care of this one.
I didn’t expect Spike would be this dragon's son.
I thought it would eat Spike and I could start having fun.
But this humungous dragon was it's mother
Spike rushed to kiss and to nuzzle her.
The mother made a sound
Then they flew off the ground.
Derik kissed the mermaid
and her fins began to fade.
My last wish was for a Pegasus
Whom I named Lord Phineas
Just as Lord Phineas appeared
Santa Frog disappeared.
Lord Phineas and I live happily ever after
Wherever we went you could hear our laughter

No comments:

Post a Comment