Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Derik's Christmas Adventure
























Out with my brother looking for reindeer
It was something we did year after year.
On our way over I tripped over an egg
My brother laughed cause it hurt my leg.
The egg seemed to glow.
Why it did, I don't know.
Then there was a crack
And my brother gave the egg back.
“I don’t want it. It's broken.”
Were the words he had spoken.
Then off he went
Without my consent.
I was really freaked out
When I saw a scaly snout
Yellow spikes were on it's head
And the rest of it's body was red.
All of a sudden my brother was there
I quickly hid the dragon in my blond hair.
He wanted to go back to our house
So we snuck in as quiet as a mouse.
In my room I watched the dragon sleep
This was something I wanted to keep
I named the red and yellow dragon Spike
I thought it was a name that it would like.
I went to tell me brother Dylan
But he yelled at me like I was a villain.
I went to my room but Spike was gone
I didn't know what was going on.
I searched under my bed
I even checked on top of my head.
He wasn't there
He wasn't anywhere.
I checked in the kitchen
Thinking he had wanted some chicken
But he wasn't there
He wasn't anywhere.
I was checking the living room
When I heard my brother boom
“Get out of my room!”
I rushed to my brother
Trying not to wake my mother.
In Dylan's bedroom I found Spike
He was about to do something I wouldn’t like.
Spike was about to eat a mermaid
But I stepped in front of him unafraid.
“No, Spike ! No !” I cried
Spike sat down and rolled on its side
Out of no where a pink dragon appeared
Oddly enough I didn’t think it was weird.
I kissed the mermaid
And her fins began to fade.
She leaned in close to me
“Wait til you see
The dragons of the sea.”
I was fascinated
Her words had me captivated
I followed her to the sea
Where she had me eat a pea
Then my legs disappeared
And a tail appeared
She had one too.
But mine was blue.
We dived in the water
Even swam past an otter.
She wouldn't stop braggin
When we found the dragon
It looked more like a serpent
But it soon became apparent
That I was discontent
I wanted to be back with Spike
And know what his world was like.
The mermaid seem to know
Where I had wanted to go
So she told me about her aunt the sorceress
Then she led the way to her aunt's fortress
“Hello Adela .” The sorceress said
As she bent to kiss her niece's head
“Derik wants to go to the Sky Kingdom.”
The mermaid, Adela said
Her aunt smile and handed me a slice of bread.
She told me to take a bite
So that I could take flight.
Suddenly I was in the sky
With giant wings so I could fly.
I had yellow spikes and blue scales
I had claws instead of nails.
I followed an instinct inside of me
and I made it there finally.
To the kingdom in the sky.
In a blink of an eye
Spike was in front of me
And he seemed happy.
His tail was wagging
like a happy little dragon.
He knew it was me
And I lived happily
with my dragon family.


No comments:

Post a Comment