Search This Blog

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Double Rainbow


Sometimes, I forget 
how beautiful life can be.
Then I look up to the sky 
and 
you remind me
A double rainbow 
to show
life doesn't stop, 
it just bends.
Though we can't see you
you'll always be near
Forever, in our hearts
you'll never 
disappear

This poem is for Travis V. McGee. I never knew how much Trav meant to me until he was suddenly gone. He was such a sweet guy. If you need help he was there. 
My husband lost a dear friend but gained the knowledge that his friend isn't truly gone. When I say "life doesn't stop, it just bends" I'm trying to convey how even though our loved ones are gone they're still here with us. I think they drop by to make sure we're doing ok. As much as we love them, they love us.

No comments:

Post a Comment